Friday, November 5, 2010

Pickled Ginger

Mighty Mom and Dyno Dad spent last weekend searching for houses, which is not as fun as one might imagine. It involved a lot of driving, from around Naperville to Indiana Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But--we had a pretty nice room at the Westin (yay for points!) and ate some real tasty food each night.

Friday night we ate at Holy Mackerel!, the seafood side to the famous restaraunt Harry Caray, which we didn't try. Harry Caray was the voice of the Chicago Cubs for many years, which I didn't know. I don't really pay attention to sports.

Then Saturday, after a much more productive day (we found a house we like) we travelled back to Chi and ate at Ra, a sushi bar. I'd never had sushi before, but was willing to try it. It was delicious! We had both raw and cooked sushi, and I have to say that the pickled ginger was out of sight!  My fave was the spicy tempura shrimp. The yellowfin tuna and salmon was also good (raw), but i didn't really care for the California roll. I'm not a big fan of Nori.

So all in all it was an enjoyable weekend. The kids had fun with Grandma and Grandpa trick or treating and making cookies and generally having a great time.

I have four pint jars of pickled ginger sitting on my counter. Now all I need is some sushi....

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment